Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Violet: NATURE by Diana Hamilton

 Wet signs slip to continue

Any dog in any cave with any infinite source of pulled pork
This global adolescence, sick of all sustenance by breakfast
He doesn’t want to be hungry but he doesn’t want to have to thank anyone
Who coaxes whom
Through a forest thickening in response to an invisible yoke
I know I catastrophize to avoid explanation, explain avoidance
Nature being the perfect concept to decry and upon which to simultaneously rely, the
universal side piece
We don’t even know which insects’ extinctions we are mourning
Water always wants a little light and always has it
A testy sip, a poison check
Dirt ate by feet
Metal too seems to be forever barfing itself up
I am not playing favorites when I say the sky is my friend

No comments:

Infinity