Do moral truths exist? if they don’t, what is to keep society from failing? If they don’t what is to keep up from our worst ambitions, our worst desires, our worst greed? Our desires need to be kept in check, or else mankind is lost. Our worst desires, our worst fancies! O God! Our inner horrors! What is to save the innocent, unless there is a such thing as morality, unless at least something keeps away our greed?!
“I confess I do not believe in time. I like to fold my magic carpet, after use, in such a way as to superimpose one part of the pattern upon another. Let visitors trip. And the highest enjoyment of timelessness―in a landscape selected at random―is when I stand among rare butterflies and their food plants.- nabokov
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why be sad about Charlie kirk?
Why be sad about Charlie kirk? Why be sad? He was a Nazi! That's what you should call people who disagree with you. That's exactly ...
-
Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunnt-rovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk Interjection (nonce) A sound which ...
No comments:
Post a Comment