Sunday, March 8, 2026

Bare Foot Truth by Benjamin Volkov ‘Nicolaievitch’

 Bare Foot Truth

***W***

I stuck my board down in the sand

A guy came up and shook my hand

I saw he didn’t own his shoes

His feet would go just where he planned

***H***

We talked a while and all he told

The things he knew both new and old

Of things that men can often lose

And how a heart and mind run cold

***E***

He slapped my board then walked away

I asked him why he couldn’t stay

He smiled and said “I got one fuse”

But what he meant I couldn’t say

***T***

I watched him as he turned and walked

I thanked him as some others mocked

They might have thought he was some ruse

But truth was in the way he talked

***H***

He’s gone now but still in my mind

I hear his words ‘just seek and find’

But was he just some common muse?

Or can truth still be deeper mined

***E***

I stuck my board back in the sand

Just hoping I could understand

The wisdom covered in tattoos

With weathered skin so deeply tanned

***R***

And when I finally walked away

I had the urge to wait and stay

But some things come in fading hues

If there was more I’d have to pay

***End***

Benjamin Volkov ‘Nicolaievitch’ (that wanderingly vague last name)

No comments:

Some Thoughts on the 1949 ‘Letter to the Archbishop of Boston’

  Some Thoughts on the 1949 ‘Letter to the Archbishop of Boston’ For the past two episodes of Reconquest , and concluding with a third, I am...