Tuesday, October 6, 2026

WHEN MOTHER READS ALOUD

 WHEN MOTHER READS ALOUD


When mother reads aloud, the past

Seems real as every day; I hear the tramp of armies vast, I see the spears and lances cast,

I join the thrilling fray; Brave knights and ladies fair and proud I meet, when mother reads aloud.

When mother reads aloud, far lands

Seem very near and true; I cross the desert's gleaming sands, Or hunt the jungle's prowling bands,

Or sail the ocean blue; Far heights, whose peaks the cold mists shroud, I scale, when mother reads aloud.

When mother reads aloud, I long

For noble deeds to do — To help the right, redress the wrong; It seems so easy to be strong,

So simple to be true. Oh, thick and fast the visions crowd My eyes, when mother reads aloud!

Author Unknown

No comments:

WHEN MOTHER READS ALOUD

 WHEN MOTHER READS ALOUD When mother reads aloud, the past Seems real as every day; I hear the tramp of armies vast, I see the spears and la...