What should our view towards science be? We should tolerate its existence and pretend to like it. We don't want to be called "koolaid drinkers" after all! But neither do we want to have to give up our culture, either! Why should we have to give up our identity? Why? Science tells us that everything that our traditions, our identity, our heritage tells us is a great big lie, that there is no hope in anything! Why should we desire this? So that we do not come off as unlearned and stupid! We must give up on our identity to not come off as garbage! This is sad!
“I confess I do not believe in time. I like to fold my magic carpet, after use, in such a way as to superimpose one part of the pattern upon another. Let visitors trip. And the highest enjoyment of timelessness―in a landscape selected at random―is when I stand among rare butterflies and their food plants.- nabokov
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What should our view towards science be?
What should our view towards science be? We should tolerate its existence and pretend to like it. We don't want to be called "kool...
-
Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunnt-rovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk Interjection (nonce) A sound which ...
No comments:
Post a Comment